K-12 Certified Teacher for Virtual Learning
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
07/29/2021   Additional Information:
**Open to Internal and External Employees**
Position Title: K-12 Certified Teacher for Virtual Learning
Supervisor: School Administration
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Certified Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: Become a difference maker and bring your creativity and innovation to the online classroom! Our teachers help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women prepared to shape tomorrow.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The following responsibilities tie into our strategic plan to include Student Success, Safety and Wellbeing, Stewardship of Community Resources, and Community Connection. We believe these four areas help us remain focused on Peoria Unified’s vision: Every Student, Every Day, Prepared to Shape Tomorrow.
Student Success – Manage and educate students while helping them discover and fulfill their potential
• Develop and implement creative and engaging lesson plans in a virtual environment
• Document and share student grades and evaluations
• Progress monitor students and lessons and time in the virtual environment
Safety and Well-Being - Cultivate a creative learning environment and maintain a safe, inviting, and nurturing space for students, staff, and the community
• Set and maintain standards of online classroom behavior and uphold District discipline policies
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
Community Connection – Enhance Peoria Unified’s culture which encourages and strengthens parent and community partnerships
• Available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the regular instructional day when required or requested under reasonable terms
• Foster positive relationships with students, teachers, parents, and community members
• Follow the established protocol for parent/student communication outside of the instructional day
Stewardship of Community Resources – Adheres to effective policies, practices, and accountability of District resources
• Maintain accurate and complete records required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation
• Strive to maintain and improve professional competence
• Other duties as assigned
Selection Criteria for Full-Time Teachers:
• Appropriately certified for grade levels being taught.
• Ability to instruct and manage multiple grade levels and content areas throughout the day.
• Proficient or Excelling in all teacher evaluation categories.
• Demonstrated ability to teach in a virtual environment.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Plan, prepare, and implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
• Design and develop materials and courses for online learning.
• Identify, select, create, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
• Collaborate with peers to enhance the instructional environment for students by participating in activities which include, but are not limited to, team teaching, meetings, staff development, communities of practice, and various committees (e.g., PLC’s).
• Experienced in the use and incorporation of instructional technology tools in their teaching (e.g., Teams, Smartboard, Moodle, Synergy, Flipgrid).
• Ability to create a flexible and balanced work environment if working from home as permitted.
• Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, entering grades in Synergy, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner, and demonstrate respect for others.
• Interested instructors must complete the internal HR application and new online teacher training course.
• This position is not an at-home position. Selected applicants will be required to report to designated district locations.
The Peoria Unified School District recognizes that academic excellence is enhanced when students are exposed to a broad range of ideas, individuals and experiences. We are therefore committed to celebrating diversity and devoted to an inclusive environment for all employees. Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.
Peoria Unified School District #11
6330 W. Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306