- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Establish and maintain a good rapport with students, employees and community.
- Make sure that site and activities are prepared prior to children’s arrival.
- Supervise the children at all times.
- Administer first aid when necessary.
- Treat every child with respect.
- Maintain acceptable behavior standards and make sure that behavior is consistent with district and program policy.
- Keep manager informed of student activities.
- Share and participate in clean-up activities.
- Annually complete a minimum of 18 verifiable hours of approved training per Department of Health Services regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable grants management
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Background in early childhood, education, or related fields.
- Hold current first aid and CPR certification or be able to obtain within 30 days.
- Effective communications skills.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
Position Title: KidZone Associate
Supervisor: Site Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12 Month
Salary Classification: 7Job Summary: Provides a positive atmosphere that is conducive to learning and relates to students in an empathetic, respectful, and consistent manner.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: Decisions regarding appropriate and reasonable accommodation(s) will be based upon the merits of each situation. The principle criteria will be that of effectiveness and safety.