KidZone Site Supervisor
- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Establish & maintain a good rapport with students, employees & community.
- Assist site manager with planning of program & the supervision of staff & children.
- Keep manager informed of staff & student activities.
- Purchase necessary supplies to carry out program activities.
- Maintain an inventory of equipment at the site.
- Train childcare associates in KidZone & district policies.
- Cultivate supportive relationships with the staff of the host school.
- Assist with record keeping for the site.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must meet staff qualifications to be a facilities director under Section R9-5-401 of the Arizona Administrative Code. Applicant must provide written documentation of one of the following:
- High school or high school equivalency diploma & completion of at least 6 credit hours in early childhood, child development or closely related field in an accredited college or university or 60 actual hours of instruction.
- N.A.C., C.D.A., C.C.P, or C.P.C. credential & at least 18 months of childcare experience;
- Minimum of 24 credit hours from an accredited college or university, including at least 6 credit hours of course work in the areas of early childhood, child development, or closely related field & 18 months of childcare experience.
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related filed & 6 months of childcare experience.
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university in the areas of early childhood, child development or closely related field & 3 months of childcare experience.
- Background in recreation, arts & crafts, sports, education or related fields.
- Have experience with school age children in a group setting.
- Hold current first aid & CPR certification or be able to obtain within 30 days.
- Effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable grants management
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
Position Title: KidZone Site Supervisor
Supervisor: KidZone Program Facilitator
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: 11
Job Summary: Provides a positive atmosphere that is conducive to learning and relates to students in an empathetic, respectful, and consistent manner.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
ADA ACCOMMODATIONS: Decisions regarding appropriate and reasonable accommodation(s) will be based upon the merits of each situation. The principle criteria will be that of effectiveness and safety.