Lan Tech I - Copy Center
- Position Type:
Information Management Technology/Lan Tech
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
Position Title: Copy Center/LAN Technician I
Department: Information Management & Technology
Supervisor: Director of Network Operations
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: Installs, maintains and supports the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) network associated with workstations, computer laboratory software, hardware, and peripheral equipment. Operates high volume copy machines in the copy center. Copy center tasks include completing copy requests for black and white copies, color copies, lamination, graphic arts printing, large format printing and binding in the copy center.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Provides technical support, troubleshooting, repair and installation of personal computers, laptops, and computer laboratory workstations for the PUSD.
· Responds to calls for assistance, and travels to work sites to assess, diagnose, analyze problems, troubleshoot and test alternative methods for support and connectivity.
· Configures software, and hardware for workstations and peripheral devices.
· Changes out hardware, software on site and delivers to repair shop when indicated. Hardware examples are desktops, laptops, tablets, projectors, document cameras, interactive whiteboards, wireless devices and any and all new equipment implemented by PUSD.
· Troubleshoot patch cables and network cabling.
· Maintain files, records, and work orders for maintenance of computer equipment.
· Maintain supply inventory, materials and tools utilized in the support of workstations.
· Installs, configures and maintains peripheral network equipment.
· Run high volume copy machines and perform binding and finishing work.
· Ensures copiers and printers are working properly.
· Check for print quality, stock with paper and replace toner as needed via daily inspections of copy machines.
· Clears paper jams and inform print management technicians of specific problems.
· Troubleshoot all equipment including clearing copier paper jams, changing ink cartridges and toner, and communicating technical issues to copier technical support.
· Work with staff to fulfill copy center requests district wide.
· Maintain records for management reports and inventory of supplies needed within the copy center.
· May travel between customer's buildings.
· Answer customer questions regarding status or feasibility of copy center requests.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
· Knowledge of principles of computer hardware, software applications and peripherals utilized in PUSD student and staff workstations.
· Knowledge of technical journals and manuals utilized in the installation and maintenance of networked computer workstations
· Knowledge of operation and maintenance of tools and equipment used in computer installation, repair and maintenance.
· Skill in performing systems analysis, programming and customizing computer software to meet user needs.
· Skill in analyzing, diagnosing and implementing corrections and solutions for computer systems and problems.
· Skill in providing support services for a variety of computer operations and hardware to meet user needs.
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
· Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
· Must be friendly and willing to assist with problem-solving.
· Has a commitment to service.
· The following are preferred but not required:
o Mounting and laminating in a copy center environment
o Bindery and finishing work while using copy center equipment
o Order entry and invoicing
o Stocking, and other maintenance tasks in a copy center environment.
o Prior knowledge of Ricoh copy machines or equivalent.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year of formal computer training AND one (1) year of on the job training in the installation, maintenance, repair, configuration of computer workstations and peripheral equipment; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Preferred one-year
experience in order entry, invoicing, mounting, laminating and copying in a copy center environment, but not required.
· Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
· May be required to sit for extended periods with vision to monitor and repetitive keyboard utilization.
· Will be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
· Will be required to climb ladders, crawl under workstations, and install electrical equipment and network cables in confined areas.
· May be required to work outside normal working hours.
· Will be required to travel to perform work functions.
· Understands PC formats / Adobe pdf / Microsoft Office including Outlook
· Must obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver