Lan Tech I - (Two Vacancies)
- Position Type:
Information Management Technology/Lan Tech
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Provides technical support, troubleshooting, repair and installation of personal computers and MAC at individual and computer laboratory workstations for the PUSD.
- Responds to calls for assistance; travels to work sites; assesses, diagnoses, analyzes problems and troubleshoots and tests alternative methods for support and connectivity
- Configures software, hardware and operating stations. Changes out hardware, software on site or brings into shop when indicated. Hardware EX: Desktops, Laptops, Tablets, Projectors, Document Cameras, SMARTBOARDS, Wireless Devices and any and all new equipment implemented by PUSD.
- Troubleshoot patch cables and network cabling.
- Maintains files, records and databases of maintenance logs, work orders, supply inventory, materials and tools utilized in the support of the workstations.
- Establishes and maintains student and staff operating systems file locations.
- Installs, configures and maintains peripheral network equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles of computer hardware, software applications and peripherals utilized in PUSD student and staff workstations.
- Knowledge of technical journals and manuals utilized in the installation and maintenance of networked computer workstations
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of tools and equipment used in computer installation, repair and maintenance.
- Skill in performing systems analysis, programming and customizing computer software to meet user needs.
- Skill in analyzing, diagnosing and implementing corrections and solutions for computer systems and problems.
- Skill in providing support services for a variety of computer operations and hardware to meet user needs.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to sit for extended periods with vision to monitor and repetitive keyboard utilization.
- Will be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Will be required to climb ladders, crawl under workstations, and install electrical equipment and network cables in confined areas.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Will be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
Position Title: LAN Technician I Desktop Support
Department: Information Management & Technology
Supervisor: Technical Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: Installs, maintains and supports the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) networks associated with workstations and computer laboratory software, hardware and peripheral equipment.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: