Lan Tech II
- Position Type:
Information Management Technology/Lan Tech
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
- Assists system users. Responds to questions, problems and concerns. Provides assistance, education and training
- Familiar with Help Desk procedures and with taking trouble calls from end users.
- Performs technical configurations for computer networks
- Works with following operating systems: DOS, Windows for Workgroups, Windows 95, Windows NT Workstation, Windows 2000 Professional/Server/Advanced Server, and Windows XP Professional and Windows 2003 Server at the policy and administrator level in a network environment
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance and upgrades district file servers, domain controllers, SQL servers, Web Servers and Exchange servers.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Active Directory and all its objects
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a daily and weekly back-up process and ensuring the reliability and security of this data
- Installs and supports Peripherals, Network FAX servers, Modems, Print Servers, Printers (Laser, Ink Jet and Dot Matrix).
- Performs technical configurations. Monitors server status and maintenance functions; Troubleshoots, identifies and undertakes hardware and/or software repairs.
- Tests new software applications and creates MSI packages.
- Develops a deployment strategy for hardware, image and application rollouts
- Researches, understands, interprets and works within industry standards to meet the needs of the current and future networking systems for PUSD.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of principles of operating systems, peripherals, network servers, modems, routers, hub/switch network equipment practices and wireless systems
- Knowledge of the principles of administration of databases, servers, LAN and Wide Area Network architecture and operating systems
- Knowledge of principles of application software installation, operation, configuration and support of automation projects, WEB servers and browsers.
- Skill in assisting and resolving trouble calls from end users
- Skill in performing technical configurations, domain planning and administration in assigned area
- Skill in assessing, diagnosing, analyzing, and understanding the upgrading, operation, installation, maintenance and repair of network systems
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- A+ Certified Technician
- Net+ Certified Technician
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Position Title: LAN Technician II
Department: Information Management & Technology
Supervisor: Director of Network Operations
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 17
Job Summary: Provides a variety of support, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance functions related to operation of assigned Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) Local Area Network (LAN) or servers. As assigned, serves as a lead worker.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND two (2) years of prior network, server, systems installation and operation maintenance and repair; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Training and/or Certifications (Preferred but not required):
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
May be required to sit for extended periods of time with vision to monitor and repetitive keyboard utilization.
May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
May be required to climb ladders, install electrical equipment and network cables in confined areas.
May be required to obtain and maintain computer certifications in multiple areas.
May be required to work outside normal working hours
May be required to travel to perform work functions
Must obtain and maintain a valid Arizona driver license.