- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Supervises crew assigned to service area, works as part of crew.
- Special areas based on assignment to elementary, high school, mowing or general support crews.
- Typical duties include but not limited to: Mows and maintains school grounds. Trims trees, bushes, shrubs and grass. Weeds/rakes dirt and DG areas, maintains sand play areas.
- Installs landscaping and irrigation systems including hookups for timers/time clock cycles.
- Maintains landscaping, grounds and irrigation tools and equipment.
- Cleans up debris related to landscaping duties.
- Applies or assists in the application of fertilizers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of grounds keeping and landscaping practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of care and operation of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in reading, interpreting and understanding relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in following written and verbal directions.
- Skill in safely mixing and applying pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers in compliance with Arizona Structural Pest Control Board regulations.
- Skill in operating a variety of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to obtain and maintain Arizona Structural Pest Control Certification for pesticide spaying.
- May be required to perform grounds and landscaping maintenance services and repairs while standing, stooping, bending, crawling and working overhead or in trenches.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, and infectious diseases.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to operate a variety of power and hand tools, equipment and machinery.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Lead GroundskeeperDepartment: Maintenance
Supervisor: District Maintenance Grounds SupervisorTerm of Employment: 12 month
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: Provides leadership to crew. Performs a variety of groundskeeping and landscape maintenance functions for the Elementary campuses, High School campuses and District support functions.
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: (continued)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND one (1) year of relevant grounds keeping, landscaping, construction or irrigation installation and maintenance experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.