Lead School Counselor K-12 - eCampus Virtual School
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Leads the school’s guidance department in the implementation of RAMP (Recognized ASCA Model Program) and district’s career development program.
- Works in conjunction with Administration to create the school’s master schedule and the Guidance Domains
- Creates and delivers lesson plans and online content in all three domains: academic, career and personal/social
- Registers K-12 students new to the school during the school year.
- Assists in planning summer registration.
- Assists students in course selection.
- Assists teachers in writing and developing online course content.
- Participates in the online registration and scheduling processes for developing student class schedules.
- Maintains student records and protects their confidentiality.
- Works to discover special skills and abilities of students.
- Provides student information to technical schools, colleges, and employers according to the provisions of Board policy and confidentiality laws.
- Makes recommendations to colleges regarding admissions and scholarships.
- Obtains and disseminates career information to students and classes in order to help students evaluate career interests and choices.
- Works with students in the solution of personal problems related to peers, home and family, health, emotional adjustment, etc.
- Confers with parents/guardians when necessary.
- Interprets the guidance program to the feeder schools and community.
- Assists students in evaluating their aptitude and abilities through the interpretation of standardized test scores.
- Coordinates various testing programs and services.
- Proctors state assessments, district benchmarks, mid-term exams, final exams, and any additional in-person labs.
- Assist in delivering virtual or in-person parent and student orientations and/or registering students.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of appropriate academic, career, and personal/social counseling strategies. (ASCA Domains)
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: eCampus Lead Guidance Counselor
Department: Peoria eCampus Virtual School
Supervisor: eCampus Administration
Salary Classification: Certified salary schedule plus 35 additional days paid at daily rate
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist students in making educational, occupational, and life plans that hold promise for their personal fulfillment as responsible men and women. This position holds primary responsibility for creating and maintaining the Master Schedule for the school, taking into account student needs as well as the highly qualified status of the staff. In addition, this position will help support teachers in the design of online course content.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s Degree, and a Guidance certificate from the Arizona Department of Education, 2 years counseling experience AND previous experience as a classroom teacher, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.