Lunch Assistant (Part Time) **2020-2021 SY
- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Country Meadows Elementary - Peoria, AZ
(Title I Funded Site)
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Provides one-on-one or small group activities under the teachers direction, including reading to the children, and assisting them in developing reading and language skills.
- Provides support in monitoring, intervening, and redirecting student behaviors.
- Supervises kindergarten students both on the playground, and in the classroom during the hour between AM & PM kindergarten classes.
- Assists the teacher with recordkeeping.
- Prepares instructional and art activity materials and copies as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principals of basic child development stages.
- Knowledge of the principals of behavior management.
- Ability to learn special methods and procedures for working with young students and their parents
- Skill in preventing and deescalating negative behaviors.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona drivers license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Must have Mantoux TB test prior to beginning employment.
- Must be able to complete a CPR training and certificate course.
Position Title: Lunch Assistant
Supervisor: Principal or Designee
Term of Employment: 9 Months/ 5 hours per week
Salary Classification: 7
Job Summary: Under the direction of the teacher, the tutor/assistant will provide support as directed for various activities such as lessons, small-group tutoring and instruction, record keeping, attendance monitoring, and activities. He/she will also provide support in supervising playground and lunch period activity.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Coursework in Early Childhood Development/Education preferred.