Maintenance- Journeyman Carpenter
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
12/10/2020   Additional Information:
- Receives work orders and project assignments. Evaluates and prioritizes work orders. Identifies, collects and/or orders necessary tools, parts, equipment, materials and personnel. Responds to calls for assistance related to wood, furniture, cabinetry and related concerns. Assists other trades as required.
- Manufactures and installs cabinetry and furniture. Works with end user. Identifies requirements, specifications, timetables/timeframe and other issues. Measures proposed area. Determines material and supply needs. Prepares sketches and plans for user approval. Estimates and receives approval of project costs.
- Orders and picks up materials and supplies. Maintains inventory of materials and supplies.
- Undertakes and completes renovation, installation or repairs of windows, doors, walls and related components in new construction or remodeling projects
- Mills, assembles, sands, stains and finishes wood projects. Prepares, assembles and glues laminates for cabinets and counter tops. Installs cabinets, bookshelves and countertops.
- Maintains PUSD buildings and campus facilities in assigned specialty areas. Cleans and maintains hand and power tools and related equipment. Cleans and maintains work areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of journey level carpentry, woodworking and cabinet making trade.
- Knowledge of the principles of cost and material estimation.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of the principles of installation, renovation and repair of windows, doors, walls, and related furniture and cabinetry.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill designing, estimating and completing cabinetry and carpentry projects.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of hand and power tools and equipment for in-shop and on-site repairs.
- Skill in maintaining records of materials, supplies and equipment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Position Title: Journeyman-Carpenter
Department: Maintenance Department
Supervisor: Supervisor of District Maintenance Services
Term of Employment: 12 months
Job Summary: Performs a variety of skilled carpentry, cabinet making and related functions for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD). Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: