- Position Type:
District Maintenance/Custodial/Skilled Maintenance
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Receives work orders and project assignments. Evaluates and prioritizes work orders. Collects and/or orders necessary tools, parts, equipment, materials and personnel. Responds to calls for assistance related to plumbing problems. Assists other trades to resolve plumbing issues.
- Clears out main line sewer backups. Utilizes backhoes and trenchers to excavate and backfill trenches for installation, repair or replacement of leaking or broken water, sewer or gas lines and components.
- Completes assigned new and remodeling construction projects. Prepares estimates of project costs. Identifies required parts, supplies, contracted vendors and man-hours. Orders parts, materials, supplies, equipment and personnel necessary to complete project responsibilities.
- Installs rough-in water, gas and sewer lines. Installs water, sewer, water mains, turn off valves, and gas lines. Installs components, valves, faucets, water heaters, appliances and finishes assigned project.
- Monitors vendors and contractors for compliance with contract specifications, occupational safety and health regulations and applicable plumbing codes.
- Maintains records, diagrams, blueprints and asbuilt plans of the location of water, sewer and gas lines. Completes work orders including man-hours, parts and materials used.
- Cleans, maintains and restocks truck. Cleans and maintains shop and work areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of journey level plumbing practices.
- Knowledge of principles of file and record management.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of the principles of project cost estimation practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of the use and maintenance of power and hand tools and equipment.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in monitoring and complying with occupational safety and health regulations applicable to construction and plumbing trades.
- Skill in assessing, troubleshooting and undertaking repairs and maintenance of water, sewer and gas lines, components and appliances.
- Skill in utilizing a variety of hand and power tools and equipment for in-shop and on-site repairs.
- Skill in reading, understanding and preparing blueprints, diagrams, asbuilt plans and drawings.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license.
- May be required to obtain and maintain an Arizona Plumbing License with appropriate certifications.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications
- May be required to perform plumbing services and repairs while standing, stooping, bending, crawling and working overhead or in trenches
Position Title: Plumber
Supervisor: Director of Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: 16
Job Summary: Performs a variety of construction, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of water and sewer lines and services for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: