Night Lead Facility Worker
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Maintenance
- Date Posted:
Cactus High School - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Performs and/or leads the work unit and may supervise entry level personnel. As assigned, coordinates, schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks. Establishes priorities. Trains new custodial employees as required. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, technical guidance and advises personnel of new or revised policies and procedures.
- Cleans, dusts, mops, sanitizes and restocks restrooms and kitchen areas with paper and soap supplies.
- Participates and performs cleaning, dusting, mopping, window washing, floor waxing, vacuuming, trash removal, sanitizing and related functions.
- Picks up garbage and trash bags. Empties trash in appropriate dumpster. Picks up crossing signs, flags, and event signage.
- Assists with and/or sets up and breaks down tables and seating for extra curricular activities, meetings and events according to layout diagrams. Cleans cafeteria, auditorium, restrooms, kitchen or gymnasium after school events and meetings.
- Performs final security checks and work inspections. Checks doors and windows for security locks. Secures school facilities for the night.
- Performs minor maintenance repairs. Assists teachers and school staff with loading, unloading and moving of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains inventory of stocked supplies for routine cleaning. Orders and restocks supplies, materials, tools and equipment as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of custodial care of public school facilities methods.
- Knowledge of the principles of cleaning chemical preparation and usage.
- Knowledge of the principles of leadership and training.
- Knowledge of the basic principles of management and supervision.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in training employees in the safe mixing and usage of cleaning and sanitizing chemicals.
- Skill in instructing employees in the use and care of commercial cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Skill in cleaning and sanitizing assigned areas.
- Skill in assigning and reviewing work performance.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- Must possess at time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to perform minor maintenance repairs in addition to primary custodial duties, while standing, stooping, bending, crawling and working overhead.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, infectious diseases, air, water and bodily fluid borne pathogens.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, equipment, tools, parts and materials weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to operate commercial cleaning and maintenance equipment.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Lead Facility Worker, High School (Night)
Supervisor: Campus Foreperson, High School
Term of Employment:12 month
Salary Classification: 10
Job Summary: Oversees and performs a variety of custodial duties to clean, maintain and secure assigned school facilities.
Essential Functions as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND two (2) years of relevant, progressively responsible custodial experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.