Preventive Maintenance- Cooling Tower Technician
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
10/29/2020   Additional Information:
- Does routine maintenance on cooling towers
- Clean pump suction strainers inside towers
- Clean tower basins and around tower areas
- Clean tower hot water decks or spray nozzles as necessary
- Change or adjust float valves
- Wash tower air intakes or drift eliminators
- Install and adjust tower fan belts
- Check for water leaks in towers or piping
- Tighten bolts if seams leak
- Remove debris in tower area
- Drain and clean towers if necessary
- Inspect chemical feed system
- Check chemical level in feed tank(s)
- Notify water treatment contractor if tank(s) are empty
- Check chemical feed system is operating properly
- Repair blow down valves if necessary
- Prime chemical pumps as necessary
- Meet with water treatment personal for annual maintenance
- Isolate cooling towers for maintenance or repairs
- Plant Inspection
- Check chillers for alarms, resets if authorized
- Check central plant for VFD alarms, leaks, or other issues
- Notifies central plant technicians if problems are discovered
- Grease pumps and fan motors once a month
- Shut down and restart central plant for tower maintenance
- Works with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of occupational safety and health practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic principles of electrical, mechanical and plumbing maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of basic principles of the use and care of hand and power tools.
- Skill in reading, understanding, interpreting and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in working around and operating hand and power tools and equipment.
- Skill in performing routine semi-skilled maintenance and repair.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must possess at time of application and maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment, tools and parts weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, extreme weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases, air, water and bodily fluid borne pathogens.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Preventive Maintenance Worker – Cooling Tower Technician
Supervisor: Supervisor of Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 Month
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: Performs a variety of semi-skilled functions on HVAC units, including preventive service inspections and replacement and adjustment to operation components.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: