Public Relations Coordinator
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
02/03/2023   Additional Information:
- · Collaborate with communications team members to provide consistency in messaging, and to support the district’s overall communication goals.
- · Support external communication for the district, including drafting content for parent and community newsletters.
- · Source positive ways to engage with external audiences, such as sharing district updates with constituents who are not parents such as community stakeholders, graduates, and community partners.
- · Support district website and school websites to ensure public-facing content and photos are kept timely and relevant for all audiences and updated frequently.
- · Attend events at schools throughout the district to capture photos or videos of staff or students, as needed.
- · Work with other team members to source positive news stories and share it through a variety of platforms including the website, social media and newsletters.
- · Monitors social media to provide timely responses, when necessary, and to keep other team members apprised of education-related issues or discussions.
- · Host professional development sessions for school site webmasters to ensure that schools’ social media accounts are following best practices for communicating with external audiences.
- · Attend special events to provide support and resources to community members or other communications team members.
- · Assists with scheduling media requests at school sites with the Chief Communications Officer or Communications Manager.
- · Support the communication department by drafting content (e.g. district publications, media releases, crisis management, communication plans, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring optimal public relations for the District and assisting school sites with communications.
- · Develops and carries out various projects for the department, including support for the Communications Manager and Chief Communications Officer in leading the Community Connection area of the district’s Strategic Plan.
- · Performs other duties as assigned or required
- · Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- · Skill in website content management and CMS
- · Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and department policies and procedures.
- · Enjoys working in a team-environment but can work independently on projects, as needed
- · Proficient in meeting deadlines
- · Knowledge of AP style requirements
- · Proficient in taking photos to promote a person, product or organization
- · Skill in using Microsoft products proficiently, including but not limited to, Teams, Word, Excel and Forms;
- · Skill in public speaking and strong written communication skills required. · Experience with Arizona’s Public Records law included in A.R.S. §§ 39-121 through 39-161 preferred
- · Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public, and others doing business with Peoria Unified
- · May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- · May be required to work outside normal working hours
- · May be required to travel to perform work functions
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- · Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communication, creative writing, OR equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Experience working in school public relations preferred. Bilingual preferred but not required.
- OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license
|Public Relations Coordinator||JobID: 18658|
Position Title: Public Relations Coordinator
Department: District Administration Center Public Relations
Supervisor: Chief Communications Officer
Term of Employment: 12 Month
Salary Classification: Classified Exempt 4
Job Summary: The public relations coordinator works with the public relations team members to effectively implement the department’s communication goals, including supporting effective, transparent, clear, consistent and high-quality communications with stakeholders in the Peoria Unified School District. The coordinator will contribute to the research, planning, implementation and evaluation of district and program communication efforts. They will create content and monitor district social media pages; support communication training to staff; assist with communicating to external audiences; assist with crisis communication, as needed; and assist with all department special events and activities, as needed.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: