- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Collaborates with management and staff to accomplish tasks related to the successful procurement and distribution of required products and services. This includes complex analysis and the development of solutions to key business problems.
- Responsible for staff supervision and support in the areas of vendor database management, bidding, contracts and purchasing. Maintains systems for organizational performance and operational success and ensures department goals and objectives are met and department operations are in compliance with legal and agency requirements.
- Supervises the work unit and assigned personnel. Interviews and recommends applicants for hire. Provides and/or recommends training. Coordinates, schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks/projects. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, direction and guidance. Advises personnel of new or revised information.
- Prepares specifications, bid invitations, and RFPs. Conducts public bid openings, bid analysis, vendor selection, product evaluation, and product recommendations of award to Governing Board or designee.
- Evaluates supplies, equipment, and services utilized by a variety of schools and/or programs. Interviews sales representatives, architects, contractors, and vendors. Determines costs, quality, and efficiency of delivery of services, equipment, or products.
- Reviews and processes requisitions to ensure compliance with contract pricing, procurement thresholds and District policy.
- Provides technical advice to staff, schools, departments and instructional committees on product specifications, quality, cost, procurement process and timelines for ordering and delivery of products, equipment or services.
- Assists schools and departments. Secures special items required for program services. Trains or facilitates training for new personnel in the department.
- Evaluates vendor requirements related to District data sharing and coordinates with new and continuing vendors on the completion of Third-Party Data Sharing Agreements when necessary.
- Coordinates directly with Facilities and Construction staff on new and continuing construction related Bids, RFPs and contracts, including cooperative contracts and Job Order Contracts.
- Coordinates/supports project teams/sub-teams, to accomplish completion of daily tasks and associated training with ongoing support of stakeholders outside of Business Services.
- Manages procurement related annual compliance and financial audit requirements to be in alignment with year-end reporting timelines and subsequent annual financial audit requirements.
- Manages the development of bidding in accordance with state procurement regulations. In conjunction with purchasing staff, coordinates the award process and facilitates contract award. Monitors vendor contract usage and associated terms and compliance.
- Develops ongoing metrics, monitoring and reporting processes to measure program effectiveness and efficiency to ensure continuous improvement.
- Prepares regularly scheduled and/or ad hoc reports on activities, purchases, monies expended or committed, and evaluation of service contracts for specifications met in compliance with contract agreements.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Maintains knowledge of the Arizona Uniform System of Financial Records, Arizona Administrative Code procurement requirements, relevant Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and relevant state law and federal code.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of procurement procedures and techniques.
- Procurement, bidding and contracting management skills/experience. Preferably in an educational environment.
- Knowledge of quality tools and models, benchmarking practices and techniques, statistics, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal and state statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to develop unique and innovative solutions to problems.
- Independent critical thinker with the ability to focus on the things which matter most to achieving the desired outcome.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license
- Excellent personal relations and communication skills
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
Position Title: Purchasing Manager
Department: Budget & Finance
Supervisor: Director of Business Services
Term of Employment: Annual
Salary Classification: Exempt 12
Job Summary: The incumbent will provide direction, planning and supervision in the area of purchasing and related compliance and reporting (internal and external). The incumbent will also function as a technical leader for the Purchasing functions of the District in conjunction with other department administrative and management level staff.
The incumbent will perform business operations analysis in the area of responsibility and will focus on compliance, process improvement, and solutions to key business problems while demonstrating superior customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscal responsibility.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A BS/BA degree in Business, Accounting, or related field. Experience with process improvement initiatives. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite software including Microsoft Excel. Demonstrated team leadership and coordination skills, including experience driving change. Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation). Experience managing projects and teams. Experience working in an educational or governmental business environment is highly desirable. Any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be acceptable. The chosen person must be results oriented with a demonstrated ability to produce specific, measurable results.