- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Peoria High School - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs, checks appointments, and directs or escorts them to the appropriate location.
- Answers incoming calls, and responds appropriately to requests for information.
- Maintains an attractive and comfortable reception area.
- Immediately reports any visitor who displays suspicious or unusual behavior.
- Processes student enrollment/withdrawals and homework requests.
- Assists other offices with clerical tasks when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to type/keyboard a minimum of 35 words per minute.
- Must have some work-related computer experience.
- Ability to greet people and handle a variety of office tasks.
- Clerical work experience required.
- Must have excellent telephone skills, and be able to handle multiple telephone lines.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with school staff, students and public.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
Position Title: Receptionist, High Schools
Department: K-12 Adminstration
Supervisor: Site Administration
Term of Employment: 10 Months, Full-Time
Salary Classification: 8
Job Summary: The person performs the basic duties of a receptionist including greeting patrons, answering telephones, providing information, and maintaining the reception area. The job requires basic skills of using a computer assisting other offices and providing clerical support for the site. Diplomacy and tact are a requirement of the job.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: