- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Raymond S Kellis High School - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Maintains and updates student transcripts. Posts grades. Initiates requests for official transcripts for incoming/transferring students. Interprets transcript data. Recommends and/or determines applicability of other schools classes to Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) requirements, policies and procedures, under the direction of the administration or counseling office.
- Handles the sending and receiving of transcripts for students applying to colleges, transferring to other schools, and transferring into the school.
- Gathers data and provides a variety of reports as required regarding student grades and records.
- Assists guidance staff in the assessment of graduation requirements for students in their senior year.
- Provides clerical support to other areas when needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential and public student file, records and database management.
- Skill in creating, entering, maintaining, updating, researching, releasing and requesting confidential student files and records.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Ability to type accurately at 45 wpm, and use IBM AS 400 computer system.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with school staff, students and public.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona Drivers license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials and equipment weighing up to 65 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
To see a listing of all Peoria Unified School District Jobs please visit: www.peoriaunified.org
Why Choose Peoria Unified: Since 1889, Peoria Unified School District has grown to serve over 37,000 students and nearly 4,000 employees as one of Arizona’s largest districts. We cater to the unique learning style of every student, from preschool through high school. Our District prides itself on excelling schools, award-winning teachers, high test scores, career and technical education programs, specialized Choice Programs, free all-day kindergarten, and championship athletic programs.
We have a 95% high school graduation rate and are proud to be the first district in the state to receive the prestigious AdvancED Accreditation. We achieve such benchmarks by fostering a diverse workforce which values different ideas, is inclusive of all employees, and by maintaining a great family environment that you can hear echoed in the voices of our current staff. Sound like a team you want to join? Then read on!
Position Title: Records Secretary
Supervisor: Site Administration
Term of Employment: 12 MONTH
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: The person is responsible to maintain completeness and accuracy of all student records and transcripts at a high school site. The job involves providing support for students sending and receiving transcripts to colleges, transferring to other school and transferring into the school site. In addition, the job requires basic computer skills and providing clerical support to students, teachers and site administrators.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Knowledge and skills:
Minimum Qualifications: A high school diploma or GED, AND 1 year of verifiable clerical work experience, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
What We Offer: Peoria Unified School District offers a robust benefits package that can help increase your financial security, advance professionally, and promote a healthy, fulfilling life. We also participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS). Some of the benefits offered include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, a Wellness Program, Paid Time Off, and discounts on many other services.
Already Applied? Once you have applied to one of our openings, your information is shared with the site administrator or supervisor. Should they wish to discuss your qualifications further, they will contact you directly and schedule an interview. All job postings remain posted until filled.
To apply for any Peoria Unified School District job, please visit our jobs page: https://www.applitrack.com/peoriaud/onlineapp/default.aspx
The Peoria Unified School District recognizes that academic excellence is enhanced when students are exposed to a broad range of ideas, individuals and experiences. We are therefore committed to celebrating diversity and devoted to an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Peoria Unified School District #11
6330 W. Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306