- Position Type:
School Support Staff/School Nurse- RN
- Date Posted:
Cheyenne Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
10/01/2022   Additional Information:
- Administers first aid, medication and specialized medical treatment (e.g. catherizations, blood sugar tests, etc.) for the purpose of providing appropriate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured children. Comply with school district policies and procedures and state laws relative to admin of medicine to students.· Assesses situations involving students' safety, abuse (physical, sexual, drug) and other health related issues for the purpose of identifying problems, referring for proper treatment and complying with legal requirements.
- Collaborates with parents, students, health care providers, and/or other agencies for the purpose of promoting needed treatment, securing information and complying with legal requirements. May contact parents or conduct home visits when necessary.· Conducts health screenings (e.g. hearing, vision, immunization compliance, height/weight relationships, etc.) for the purpose of promoting needed treatment and complying with legal requirements.
- Implements school health care plans for the purpose of providing appropriate care as directed by health care professional.
- Maintains health office (e.g. inventory, supplies, filing, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring availability of items.
- Maintains student health records (manual and computerized) (e.g. immunization history, medication and contact log, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and complying with mandated requirements.
- Monitors health care plans for the purpose of addressing students' health needs and implementing health care directions from parents and/or physicians.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops and seminars, including IEP, for the purpose of sharing information and/or improving skills/knowledge.
- Participates in various emergency drills (e.g. lock downs, safety meetings, evacuation plans, crisis team, etc.) for the purpose of providing expertise in health related issues.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (e.g. medication logs, compliance reports, student activities, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference and/or conveying information.
- Reports incidents (fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) and students with contagious diseases for the purpose of maintaining students personal safety, a positive learning environment and adhering to Arizona Admin Code, district and/or school policies.
- Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of addressing immediate health and safety concerns.
- Teaches students and staff in-service classes/lessons (e.g. (e.g. medical procedures, specific issues, hygiene, flu, blood borne pathogens, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining good health, identifying and providing health care education.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable grants management
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
Position Title: LPN
Term of Employment: 9 months
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: The job of LPN is established for the purpose/s of overseeing the individual health needs of students; implementing health care plans directed by physicians; providing appropriate immediate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured students and/or staff; and identifying health problems for referral and follow up treatment.
Essential Functions: SKILLS are required to perform single, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adhering to safety practices; administering first aid and CPR; operating standard office equipment using pertinent software applications; operating equipment used in health care; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; leading, guiding, and/or coordinating others. Utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the Organization’s services.
EMPLOYMENT INFORMATION: Physical requirement include: The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 40% sitting, 30% walking, and 30% standing. The job is performed in hazardous conditions.