- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Canyon Elementary - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
8/04/2021   Additional Information:
- Assesses the need for and performs suctioning procedures on a medically fragile student.
- Will assist with other requirements of special needs students as necessary, such as monitoring the student in a classroom, assisting students getting on and off the bus, and other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform suctioning procedures on a medically fragile student.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
Position Title: Respiratory Therapist
Department: Canyon Elementary/Sunflower Center
Supervisor: Site Administration
Salary Classification: 15
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist a medically fragile student in the classroom as needed. He/she will also assist the student on the school bus for children with special needs.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Must be able to read, write, and speak in English.