School Nurse - RN
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/School Nurse- RN
- Date Posted:
Pioneer Elementary - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Coordinates the health program within the assigned school.
- Supervises and administers health screenings (hearing, vision, scoliosis, sickle cell, health assessments) and provides for follow-up.
- Audits health records for immunization status of all students, and notifies parents of deficiencies and recommends immunizations.
- Serves as a health resource person for students, staff, and parents.
- Provides emergency health care for students and staff.
- Maintains health records of all students.
- Contacts parents, or visits homes when necessary.
- Complies with the policies of the school, district, and state laws relative to the administration of medicine to students.
- Functions as a key member of the team involved in educational referrals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Completion of additional coursework or training sessions for school nursing preferred, including New School Nurse Seminar, if appropriate.
- A professional commitment to attend workshops and continuing education activities required.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona drivers license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: School Nurse
Supervisor: Site Administration
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: Nurses Salary Schedule
Job Summary: The person in this role will be responsible to create a climate of health and well-being within the school environment. He/she will also function as a child advocate in areas of health and safety.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: