School Psychologist for 21/22 School Year
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
07/22/2021   Additional Information:
- Assesses referred students through appropriate testing and diagnostic procedures.
- Administers assessments and recommends eligibility for special education services.
- Leads school based special education teams through the evaluation process, prepares and completes all draft and final documentation and reports in compliance with district, state and IDEA timelines.
- Participates in IEP team discussion regarding present levels, goal development, service, and placement recommendations for students with special education needs.
- Leads school based teams through the process of completing Functional Behavioral Assessments and completes all necessary drafts and final documentation.
- Supports school based teams in the development of, implementation of, and fidelity checks on formal and informal Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Maintains evaluation and special education records of all referred students.
- Provides direct services to general and special education students such as counseling and skills training (social skills, relaxation skills, problem solving).
- Provides direct services regarding social emotional and behavioral needs in accordance with student IEPs.
- Supports prevention services, intervention, and promotion of mental health services school wide, such as bully proofing and social skill development.
- Participates in crisis team planning and intervention services.
- Participates in the school improvement process, including involvement in RTI and PBIS teams, school accountability committees, and interpreting of student performance data.
- Serves as a consultant to parents and teachers regarding the special educational needs of all students.
- Acts as a liaison between the school and community agencies.
- Attends staff and professional meetings.
- Assists in the in-service training of school personnel and parents.
- Keeps abreast of new developments within the field.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective counseling strategies.
- Knowledge and demonstrated use of diagnostic tools and assessment of children with exceptional learning needs.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A valid Arizona School Psychologist certificate. Experience as a teacher or school counselor preferred, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: School Psychologist
Department: Assigned School Location
Supervisor: Site Principal/Director of Special Education
Term of Employment: 9 Months + 5 extra days
Salary Classification: Psychologist Salary Schedule
Job Summary: The School Psychologist will practice in a broad based role with a balance of assessment, intervention, consultation, and counseling to support the emotional and mental health of students in order to derive the fullest possible educational experience from school.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: