School Psychologist Intern-2020/2021 School Year
- Position Type:
Related Services/Psychologist Intern
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
2020/2021   2020/2021 Openings
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- Must provide three letters from professional references.
- Must provide a letter of recommendation from the graduate training program completed or currently enrolled in.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: School Psychologist Intern
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Assigned Psychologist/Site Administration
Term of Employment: 1 School Year/9 Months
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist the certified school psychologist in enabling students to derive the fullest possible educational experience from school by recommending programs and treatments appropriate to their psychological or mental health problems.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Administers and scores cognitive, academic, and social-emotional evaluations under the supervision of the certified school psychologist.
· Completes classroom evaluations.
· Writes assessment reports in conjunction with the certified school psychologist.
· Assists the certified school psychologist with record/data keeping.
· Attends Child Study Team Meetings, IEP meetings, and reviews test results with parents.
· Performs all duties of a school psychologist, while supervised by an experienced and certified school psychologist.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
. Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
. Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
. Experience in the administration of psycho-educational evaluations.
. Successful completion of a practicum in assessment under the supervision of a certified school psychologist.
. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
. Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree and enrollment in or completion of a graduate level program in psychology, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.