School Social Worker
- Position Type:
Related Services/Social Worker
- Date Posted:
Raymond S Kellis High School - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
IMMEDIATE   Additional Information:
- As a member of the School Student Support Team (SST) collaborates with administration, staff, teachers, families and community to address needs of identified students.
- Works with District Student Support Team (DSST) to analyze policies, programs, regulations, social-emotional, legal and ethical concerns in order to provide comprehensive professional development and support services.
- Coordinates, develops and supervises evidence-based education and prevention programs including but not limited to bullying, substance abuse, violence/aggression, suicide/self-harm and social-emotional learning.
- Implements and supports multi-tiered programs and practices, monitors progress and evaluates for service effectiveness.
- Promotes a school climate and culture conducive to student learning. Utilizes effective practices that provide for safe environments and supportive relationships.
- Coordinates, develops and facilitates professional development for teachers, staff and administrators in the area of social/emotional learning, self-care and trauma sensitive schools.
- Facilitates and actively participates in team, committee, staff meetings and school events.
- Identifies and assesses for potential barriers to student academic success. Understands and offers consultation regarding special student populations - homelessness, students in poverty, refugees, victims of trauma etc.
- Designs, facilitates and oversees direct services for children and families that include assessment, crisis intervention, individual and group support services, home visits, case management and advocacy.
- Provides supplemental education of the school’s social-emotional learning program in the form of individual and group sessions to address skill deficits.
- Provides crisis intervention support in the event of a family, school or community crisis or disaster.
- Works with district homeless and foster care liaison to coordinate services such as transportation and free/reduced meals for youth experiencing homelessness and out-of-home placement.
- Develops, coordinates and provides services for students, families and staff to meet basic needs.
- Establishes and promotes a continuum of community resources, services and partnerships in order to support all members of the school community.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, County and Municipal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures pertaining to social service delivery.
- Knowledge of systems such as Court, DES, DCS, Law Enforcement and other systems that affect families and youth served by PUSD.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, students, parents and the overall community working with PUSD.
- Demonstrated ability to provide oral and written communication (translation in Spanish and English preferred).
- Ability to operate a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications such as Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office software.
- Problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a background clearance check and possess a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry materials and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: School Social Worker
Department: School Site & Operations for Safety and Risk Management
Supervisor: Site Principal
Clinical Supervision: District Student Support Team
Terms of Employment: 186 Day Schedule
Salary Classification: Certified Professional
Job Summary: The School Social Worker provides direct and indirect student services to reduce barriers to education, increase social/emotional growth and provide links to needed services.
In addition, the School Social Worker will be part of a district cadre of mental health professionals that will receive clinical training, supervision and evaluation provided by the District Student Support Team (DSST).
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum Requirements: Master of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy, ADE Certified Social Worker.
Preferred: Licensed Clinical Social Worker; Licensed Therapist