- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
09/24/2021   Additional Information:
- Prepares specifications, bid invitations, and RFPs. Conducts public bid openings, bid analysis, vendor selection, product evaluation, and product recommendations of award to Governing Board.
- Evaluates supplies, equipment, and services utilized by a variety of schools and/or programs. Interviews sales representatives, architects, contractors, and vendors. Determines costs, quality, and efficiency of delivery of services, equipment, or products.
- Assists in the preparation of District budget and purchasing calendar. Reviews and revises procedures, forms, schedules, routines and assignments as required.
- Provides technical advice to staff, schools, departments and instructional committees on product specifications, quality, cost, procurement process and timelines for ordering and delivery of products, equipment or services
- Assists schools and departments. Secures special items required for program services. Trains or facilitates training for new personnel in the department.
- Prepares regularly scheduled and/or ad hoc reports on activities, purchases, monies expended or committed, and evaluation of service contracts for specifications met in compliance with contract agreements
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles of procurement and purchasing
- Knowledge of the principles of management, supervision, and leadership.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting
- Knowledge of the principles of bidding, Request for Proposal development, advertisement, and selection procedures.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in drafting, circulating, evaluating, procuring, and preparing a variety of purchasing-related process and documents
- Skill in conducting public bid openings, analysis, and selections.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
Position Title: Senior Buyer
Supervisor: Director of Procurement & Distribution
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: Classified Supervisory 3
Job Summary: Supervises, coordinates, leads, undertakes, performs, and provides a variety of purchasing-related bid documents, response assessments, and related responsibilities for the Peoria Unified School District (PUSD).
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: