- Position Type:
Information Management Technology
- Date Posted:
Cholla IMT - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
09/12/2022   Additional Information:
- Manages assigned personnel. Coordinates, schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, direction and guidance. Provides and/or recommends training. Advises personnel of new or revised information.
- Provides technical direction to the Student Information Systems staff.
- Reviews Federal and State uploading and validation of Required Student Data to the Department of Education including but not limited to: student information, AZSafe Reporting, Student Attendance, JTED
- Audits Enrollment, Withdrawal and Attendance information in the student information system.
- Coordinates, prioritizes and assigns work assignments to meet established deadlines.
- Prepares SQL queries and data extracts for district departments and outside agencies.
- Compiles and analyzes enrollment information.
- Prepares monthly enrollment reports for administrators and the Governing Board.
- Provides training to school and district staff on all aspects of the student information system.
- Maintains knowledge of Arizona State Statue pertaining to Student Information and Reporting.
- Advises the Director of Information Systems on state reporting regulations
- Attends and participates in meeting outside of the district pertaining to Arizona State Reporting.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Proficiency with Pinnacle SIS and Pinnacle Grade software modules desirable.
- Ability to develop unique and innovative solutions to problems.
- Independent thinking/Self-initiative: A critical thinker with the ability to focus on the things which matter most to achieving the desired outcome.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, district staff, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: An Associates’ or higher degree in computer or business related field, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: SIS Supervisor
Department: Information Management & Technology
Supervisor: Director of Information Systems
Term of Employment: 12 months
Salary Classification: Supervisory Exempt 6
Job Summary: This position is responsible for coordinating and leading the efforts of the student information systems support team in supporting district staff, students and parents on the use of the system and solving problems with system-related malfunctions. Acts as a liaison with the software vendor in troubleshooting issues with the student information system and grade book. Develops and maintains documentation relating to the use the student information system and grade book. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the student information systems team, including employee issues, training, and daily performance.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: