Site Security / Maintenance Lead
- Position Type:
Security/Security - 12-Months
- Date Posted:
Peoria Flex Academy - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Open campus and perform daily safety check
- Assists the high school administration in maintaining appropriate student conduct by monitoring high school buildings and grounds during the day
- Communicate with district maintenance and ABM regarding the needs of staff and administration
- Checks student passes, parking areas, and restrooms for violations of school policies and regulations.
- Reports incidents of concern and/or misconduct to the school administration
- Communicates with Peoria High School security and staff for coordinated efforts as needed
- Inspects school buildings and grounds daily for needed attention and/or repairs
- Establishes and prioritizes maintenance repairs
- Process work orders, maintains supply inventory and recommends purchases of tools and equipment, as well as regularly used items
- Transports students to and from home school sites and other activities using a district vehicle when needed
- Maintains a clean district vehicle and schedules required vehicle maintenance
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activity; lift items up to 50 lbs., push items up to 120 lbs., ability to climb ladders and work from heights and within confined spaces.
- Demonstrate knowledge of shut-off for all major mechanical systems
- Available for emergency calls
- Coordinate construction and renovation projects
- Possess current AZ driver’s license, and maintain a good driving record and be able to qualify for a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Ability to withstand exposure to outdoor temperatures and various grasses, pollens, cleaning compounds, insecticides, etc.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with students, school personnel, and the public
- Must be able to pass fingerprint and background clearance check as a condition of employment
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications
Position Title: Peoria Flex Academy Site Security / Maintenance Lead
Supervisor: Campus Administrator; Director of Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 months, Full-time
Salary Classification: 12
Job Summary: This individual is responsible for the day to day maintenance, up-keep and cleaning of the site. In addition, this person will serve as security personnel for PFA. This person will also coordinate and collaborate with Peoria High School security staff as needed.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED and 2 years work experience, preferably with high school-age students, custodial or maintenance experience, preferably in a school setting, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.