Social Worker Intern Field Instructor for Diversity and Inclusion
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Train social work interns in diverse and inclusive school social work and mental health practice.
- Assist interns in coordinating equitable service and resource delivery to students and families at the interns’ assigned campuses.
- Coordinate with other social work intern field instructors to ensure diverse and inclusive practices are highlighted in all social work interns’ learning contracts.
- Work with school site administration to prioritize equitable distribution of social emotional and mental health resources on campus in accordance with the District SEL Initiative.
- Train district level and school site staff around equity, diversity, and inclusion in accordance with the district’s vision statement on equity and inclusion while supporting the district SEL/MTSS initiative.
- Network with outside partners to create equitable and sustainable resource delivery.
- May be required to carry small case load of students and/or families.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, County and Municipal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures pertaining to social service delivery.
- Knowledge of systems such as Court, DES, DCS, Law Enforcement and other systems that affect families and youth served by PUSD.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, and the overall community working with PUSD.
- Demonstrated ability to provide oral and written communication (translation in Spanish and English preferred).
- Ability to operate a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications such as Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, and other MS Office software.
- Problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a background clearance check and possess a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry materials and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
PEORIA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 11
Position Title: Social Work Intern Field Instructor for Diversity and Inclusion
Department: Operations for Safety and Risk Management
Supervisor: Coordinator for Student Support
Terms of Employment: 224 Day Calendar
Salary Classification: Grade 12 Classified Exempt
Job Summary: The Social Work Intern Field Instructor will provide ongoing support through consultation, supervision, and training of social work interns around diverse and inclusive school social work and mental health social work practice. In addition, the Social Work Field Instructor for Diversity and Inclusion will guide schools to promote understanding, examine biases, reflect on and address the impact of racism, build cross-cultural relationships, and cultivate adult and student practices that close opportunity gaps and create a more inclusive school community. The Social Work Intern Field Instructor will work closely with the District Student Support Team to support the district’s Social Emotional Learning Initiative/Multi-tiered System of Support.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum Requirements: MSW
Preferred: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, ADE Certified Social Worker