Social Worker Intern Field Instructor
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Train social work interns in District Policy and Procedures.
- Train social work interns in areas of student engagement, documentation, individual and group interventions.
- Work with school site administration to prioritize duties of social work interns on campus in relationship with the District SEL Initiative.
- Coordinate with an institute of higher learning (IHL) to assist interns in creating a comprehensive, relatable and valuable learning contract.
- Assist interns in coordinating service and resource delivery to students and families at each assigned campus.
- Provide weekly supervision of up to 12 social work interns.
- Coordinate with an institute of higher learning (IHL) to provide ongoing evaluation of student intern progress.
- Network with outside partners to create and sustain resource delivery.
- Act as social work expert to provide ongoing social service support for schools within assigned cluster.
- Assist local administration with concerns in areas of intern performance and ethical or legal concerns that may arise.
- May be required to manage a small case load of students and/or families.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, County and Municipal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures pertaining to social service delivery.
- Knowledge of systems such as Court, DES, DCS, Law Enforcement and other systems that affect families and youth served by PUSD.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, vendors, students, parents and the overall community working with PUSD.
- Demonstrate ability to provide oral and written communication (translation in Spanish and English preferred).
- Ability to operate a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications such as Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint and other MS Office software.
- Problem solving and communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a background clearance check and possess a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and/or carry materials and supplies weighing up to 25 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: Social Work Intern Field Instructor
Department: Operations for Safety and Risk Management
Supervisor: Coordinator for Student Support
Terms of Employment: 224 Day Calendar
Salary Classification: Grade 12 Classified Exempt
Job Summary: The Social Work Intern Field Instructor will provide consultation, supervision and training of social work interns at school sites throughout the Peoria Unified School District. In addition, the Social Work Field Instructor will guide schools in their assigned cluster in the areas of social service and mental health service delivery. The Social Work Intern Field Instructor will work closely with the District Student Support Team.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
Minimum Requirements: MSW
Preferred: Licensed Clinical Social Worker, ADE Certified Social Worker