Special Education Records Specialist
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Reviews, compiles, maintains and transfers a variety of student special education records.
- Completes special education records requests. Verifies accuracy of information to be included in student files and records.
- As required, compiles and forwards electronically official PUSD special education records to a variety of institutions for outgoing transfer students.
- Sorts and distributes special education department mail.
- Maintains, updates, and researches special education student records filed and/or released to other school districts as requested.
- Scans special education records to archived electronic folders.
- Communicates professionally clearly through email and on the phone.
- Receive and file special education records from school sites and other schools.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential and public student file, records and database management.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in creating, entering, maintaining, updating, researching, releasing and requesting confidential student files and records.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to lift and/or carry heavy, bulky supplies, materials, equipment and other items weighing up to 35 pounds.
Position Title: Special Education Records Specialist
Department: Special Education
Location: District Administration Center
Term of Employment: 12 Months, Full-Time
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: Maintains confidential special education student records and responds to record requests from parents and public entities.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND two (2) years of relevant, progressively responsible clerical, customer service, records, data entry, general office or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.