Special Education Teacher Coach-ARISE (multiple vacancies)
- Position Type:
Related Services/Teacher Coach
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Collects, analyzes, and reports data regarding student behavioral and learning outcomes
- Articulates goals and implements plans to increase district ASD program effectiveness and student achievement
- Coordinates with BCBAs and School Psychologists to maintain consistency and sustainability with the district ASD model
- Collaborates with building administrators to achieve district ASD program objectives
- Provides staff with feedback regarding implementation effectiveness based on collected data
- Conducts fidelity checks for program components and individual student plans
- Develops and implements professional development related to targeted exceptional student needs
- Provides ongoing training, consultation, and coaching in Discrete Trial Training, Pivotal Response Training, Motivational Procedures, and other evidence based practices
- Develops and models instructional lessons which incorporate standard mandates, best practices, and the use of technology resources to enhance student learning
- Observes and/or videotapes classroom teaching and provides follow-up coaching for the purpose of instructional support and program development
- Assists teachers in assessing their instructional strengths to determine continued professional development needs
- Identifies exemplar teachers who can serve as demonstration classrooms for other teachers
- Assists teachers to integrate AZ College and Career Ready Standards with classroom instruction and in IEPs.
- Conducts conferences with teachers relative to their use of specialized, evidenced-based practices and the integration of technology with classroom instruction
- Provides assistance in analyzing student achievement data in order to plan and deliver individualized, differentiated instruction
- Conducts individual instructional sessions related to the planning and implementation of effective instructional strategies, including student-use of technology in the classroom
- Communicates regularly with site and district level administrators on the progress of program staff
- Coordinates activities and implements professional development opportunities with other Special Education Coaches in the District
- Attends and participates collaboratively in Curriculum and Instruction and Special Education department meetings
- Attends training sessions designed to maintain and advance their own professional development and technology skills
- Supports and assesses the levels of implementation of the district curriculum, approved supplemental resources, instruction, and assessment initiatives
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Provides support to teachers and staff in the understanding of Special Education delivery standards, state and federal required competencies, and current research based practices
- Assists teachers in selecting approved specialized, supplemental materials aligned with AZ College and Career Ready Standards and PUSD curriculum in order to meet individualized student needs
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Thorough working knowledge of all terminology associated with the Essential Elements of Instruction, AZ College and Career Ready Standards, Special Education laws, procedures, and practices
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Knowledge of applied behavior analysis
- Ability to collaborate with school psychologist in conducting Functional Behavior Analyses and writing Behavior Intervention Plans
- Ability to model and to articulate the terms and concepts related to the provision of special education services with others
- Working knowledge of technology applications related to special education and instruction
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Ability to build relationships that support teacher development in response to individual needs of teachers
- Ability to analyze assessments, curriculums, and instructional plans
- Demonstrate an understanding in the stages of teacher development
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must possess a valid Arizona special education teaching certificate, have a minimum of five years teaching experience in special education AND at least one semester of student teacher supervision OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Special Education Teacher Coach/ASD Program
Department: Assigned Autism Spectrum Disorder School Program Locations
Supervisor: Director of Special Education
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule + Stipend
Job Summary: The ASD Coach will support teachers and staff in meeting the needs of exceptional students who require specific evidence based practices throughout the day for school success. The ASD Coach will share the program vision and provide ongoing professional development and coaching in the ASD program in order to enhance quality support and effective teaching.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: