Student Store Clerk - STUDENT WORKER **2021/2022
- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Raymond S Kellis High School - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
08042021   Additional Information:
- Performs various clerical duties including typing correspondence, forms, etc., and operates office machines.
- Answers telephones, responds to inquiries and relays messages.
- Coordinates ordering and displaying of merchandise; processes and maintains files for students working in the store.
- Helps in the supervision of students working in the store.
- Sells tickets to school events and collects monies; records sales.
- Supervises the DECA Club activities.
- Assists supervising teacher in the classroom when required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ability to type 45 WPM accurately; prefer word processing capability.
- Ability to handle money responsibly; do light bookkeeping.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: Clerk – DECA Student Store
Supervisor: Site Administration
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: 7
Job Summary: The person in this role will manage the day-to-day operations of the store, located on the High School Campus.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: