Substitute Bus Driver / MULTIPLE POSITIONS
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
07/02/2023   Additional Information:
- Student Success – Transport students on assigned routes to/from school and events.
- Provide on-call back up coverage for dispatchers.
- Maintain safe student conduct on the bus.
- Safety and Well-Being - Perform pre-trip checklist to verify safety inspections. Check fluid levels and condition of vehicle before, during, and after every route. Check operation of wheelchair lifts and restraint devices for safe operation. Transfer students into bus seat or utilizes wheelchair tie-downs to safely secure student.
- Maintain mileage logs and timesheets. Prepare maintenance or repair work orders. Inspect bus after repairs are completed to determine proper operation and correction of problems. Follow established directions for breakdowns, emergencies, and/or accidents.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Community Connection – Enhance Peoria Unified’s culture which encourages and strengthens parent and community partnerships.
- Foster positive relationships with students, teachers, parents, and community members.
- Stewardship of Community Resources – Adheres to effective policies, practices, and accountability of District resources.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
- Provide feedback and information related to routes (i.e. re-route proposals, creation, elimination, updating and/or evaluation of bus routes).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass background clearance check
- Must obtain and maintain a valid Arizona CDL, ‘Class B’ driver license with passenger endorsement
- May be exposed to dangerous machinery, potential physical harm, all weather conditions, hazardous chemicals, fumes, and infectious diseases
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- Must be capable of lifting 50 pounds and pass the DPS Physical Performance Test
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
|Substitute Bus Driver / MULTIPLE POSITIONS||JobID: 19419|
To see a listing of all Peoria Unified School District Jobs please visit: www.peoriaunified.org
Why Choose Peoria Unified: Since 1889, Peoria Unified School District has grown to serve over 37,000 students and nearly 4,000 employees as one of Arizona’s largest districts. We cater to the unique learning style of every student, from preschool through high school. Our District prides itself on excelling schools, award-winning teachers, high test scores, career and technical education programs, specialized Choice Programs, free all-day kindergarten, and championship athletic programs. We have a 95% high school graduation rate and are proud to be the first district in the state to receive the prestigious AdvancED Accreditation. We achieve such benchmarks by fostering a diverse workforce which values different ideas, is inclusive of all employees, and by maintaining that great family-feel we are known for. Sound like a team you want to join? Then read on!
Position Title: Substitute Bus Driver
Supervisor: Director of Transportation
Term of Employment: As Needed Basis
Salary Classification: $13.61/hr.
Job Summary: The wheels on the bus go round and round! Have you considered being a school bus driver? Here’s your chance! Make a difference - become a Peoria Unified bus driver and help ensure our students arrive to school, field trips, and other events safely and on time. If you love being a part of the community, then come join an amazing transportation team with over 250 strong. We offer development opportunities, help with obtaining your Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), and we provide all the training!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The following responsibilities tie into our strategic plan to include Student Success, Safety and Wellbeing, Stewardship of Community Resources, and Community Connection. We believe these four areas help us remain focused on Peoria Unified’s vision: Every Student, Every Day, Prepared to Shape Tomorrow.
Requirements: Must satisfactorily complete on-site school bus training. Must be 21 years of age.
Already Applied? Once you have applied to one of our openings, your information is shared with the site administrator or supervisor. Should they wish to discuss your qualifications further, they will contact you directly and schedule an interview. All job postings remain posted until filled.
To apply for any Peoria Unified School District job, please visit our jobs page: https://www.applitrack.com/peoriaud/onlineapp/default.aspx
The Peoria Unified School District recognizes that academic excellence is enhanced when students are exposed to a broad range of ideas, individuals and experiences. We are therefore committed to celebrating diversity and devoted to an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, military service, or other non-merit factors.
Peoria Unified School District #11
6330 W. Thunderbird Road
Glendale, AZ 85306
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 19419