Substitute Related Services Driver (Van)
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Transportation - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
Continuous Need   Additional Information:
- Excellent driving record and demonstrated skill in the safe operation of a motor vehicle.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Ability to speak, read, and writes the English language.
- Must possess a current Arizona driver’s license, and be able to qualify for a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to take and pass any required health exam, including drug testing.
- Ability to work an alternate schedule when needed.
- Must be able to pass background and fingerprint checks.
Position Title: Substitute Driver, Related Services
Department: Related Services
Supervisor: Director, Related Services
Term of Employment: On Call/As Needed
Salary Classification: 10
Job Summary: This individual will transport students to and from school and other activities using a District vehicle.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Transports students to and from school and other activities using a school van.
· Supervises student conduct and maintains safety at all times.
· Follows established directions for breakdowns and emergencies.
· Becomes knowledgeable about the rules and regulations of driving a school vehicle.
· Maintains accurate written records as required.
· Maintains a clean District vehicle.
· Maintains an awareness of unusual noises or conditions of vehicle, and reports such to vehicle maintenance staff.
· Performs other duties as assigned, to possibly include classroom assignments.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED preferred OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.