Supervisor of Facilities Services
- Position Type:
District Maintenance/Custodial/Maintenance General
- Date Posted:
Centralized Maintenance - Glendale, AZ
- Closing Date:
UNTIL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Confers with members of the administrative and campus staff to advise them in the planning and status of improvements, repairs, and alterations to District properties.
- Confers with school principals and coordinates contractor and maintenance project activities at their schools.
- Coordinates the examination of school buildings and campuses on a regular basis with governmental agencies and insurance providers and makes recommendations for needed repairs and maintenance.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining, and submitting the School Facilities Boards Preventative Maintenance Program for new and existing buildings.
- Coordinates District maintenance efforts for emergency repair problems and for campus crisis management plans along with Supervisor of District Maintenance Services.
- Develops annual capital projects, long range projects and maintenance replacements for equipment at District Maintenance and campus sites.
- Recommends the annual M&O budget for department functions, including materials, equipment, and staff.
- Supervises the District work order program for assigned areas.
- Supervises work groups within the Maintenance Department.
- Prepares cost estimates and project schedules for individual projects and long-range District master planning program.
- Maintains necessary purchasing records relative to projects directed through the department.
- Assess and prioritize project requests made by PUSD school sites.
- Works to coordinate District safety training programs for maintenance and grounds staff.
- Coordinates and monitors all project work assigned by the Administrator for Facilities Planning, Construction, and Maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Works with contractor for custodial services to ensure site cleanliness.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of state (Arizona), county (Maricopa), and city building codes.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents, observe and report discrepancies in work. And prepare preliminary plans, specifications, budgets, and schedules.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous tasks relative to various phases of construction and maintenance development.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervisor.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
- Must possess an Arizona driver’s license with a good driving record.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 50 pounds, and perform strenuous labor.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
|Supervisor of Facilities Services||JobID: 17410|
Department: Facilities Planning, Construction & Maintenance
Supervisor: Administrator for Facilities Planning, Construction, and Maintenance
Term of Employment: 12 Months
Salary Classification: Supervisory Grade 11
Job Summary: The person in this role will assist the Administrator for Facilities, Construction, and Planning in preparing daily and long-range maintenance plans for major building support systems and grounds operations. He/She will be a liaison between Facilities and PUSD Elementary and High School Sites.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Reference #: 17410