- Teacher-Developmental Preschool JobID: 10758
- Position Type:
Teacher - Elementary School PreK-8/Developmental Preschool
- Date Posted:
Country Meadows Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Closing Date:
- Provides case management services for students with a disability including all requirements related to IEP development, provision, and compliance to state and federal regulations.
- Provides direct services to students with a disability per agreement on the IEP.
- Maintains all aspect and provision of confidentiality related to (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) FERPA.
- Reports directly to the district administration and site administrator.
- Maintains a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and skill level of the students.
- Plans and prepares lessons to provide the students with the opportunity to meet and/or exceed standards as outlines by the Arizona Early Learning Standards
- Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior appropriate to preschool.
- Maintains licensing requirements through the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Guides the learning process, through the use of clearly established goals and objectives to meets student and district goals and objectives.
- Strives to implement, through instruction and example, the district’s philosophy of education.
- Assesses the abilities and needs of preschoolers on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required..
- Attends all staff meetings and professional developments.
- When assigned an instructional assistant, plans and supervises the assignments and activities of that person(s)
- Takes all reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of effective instructional strategies and techniques to promote growth for preschool-age children.
- Facilitation of successful meeting to accomplish all IEP responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and provision of (Free and Appropriate Public Education) FAPE to students with a disability as required by federal, state and district requirements.
- A working knowledge of accommodations and modifications to appropriately meet student needs.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A current Early Childhood Special Education teaching certificate or other Special Education teaching certificate with an Early Childhood Endorsement issued by the Arizona Department of Education
- Must be Highly Qualified according to state and federal standards to fill the position.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies, or materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must be able to take CPR/First Aid training.
- Must have a negative Mantoux TB test results and Food Handler’s card prior to the start of school.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: Certified Teacher, Special Education, Developmental Preschool
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Principal at assigned locations/Preschool Director
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF STATE FUNDING, AND IS FUNDED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS
Job Summary: The person in this role will create a classroom environment that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of preschool students – socially, emotionally, physically, and cognitively. Teachers will help students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: