Temporary Warehouse Assistant
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Warehouse - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
07/01/2021   Additional Information:
- Maintains a variety of files of daily shipment logs, purchase orders and requisitions, Enters, maintains and updates a variety of computerized database files and records. Responds to inquiries related to purchase orders, requisitioning, costs and in-stock materials, supplies and equipment.
- Receives a variety of consumable items, commodities, materials, equipment, and supplies. Accepts, reviews and validates products received for accuracy against purchase orders. Receives, identifies appropriate stocking requirements and stocks materials accordingly.
- Receives requisition requests/postings. Fills requisition orders.
- Receives and verifies food service product deliveries. Stores according to manufacturer specifications. Updates inventory records/inputs food items received. Prepares and forwards a variety of reports. Fills food service orders and loads food service trucks, rotates stock and restocks shelves.
- Accepts stock item returns. Runs copies of receipt of materials and supplies. Files warehouse copy and forwards to appropriate parties. Restocks and adjusts stock inventory files on automated computer tracking and inventory systems.
- Operates automated computer tracking and inventory systems for data entry, inventory and stock locations. Operates forklift, pallet jacks, rolling ladders and other related warehouse equipment.
- Drives delivery truck for the purpose of delivering Purchase Order items and warehouse stock items to school and district sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of the operation of automated computer inventory and tracking systems, data entry and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles for care, maintenance and operation of warehouse equipment, machinery and vehicles.
- Knowledge of the principles of warehouse receiving and delivery operation methods.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in verifying, processing, filing, storing and distributing materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Skill in maintaining, operating and working around forklifts, pallet jacks, rolling ladders, large box delivery trucks, and related warehouse equipment, vehicles and machinery.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications.
- Must obtain and maintain within three (3) months of employment forklift certification.
- May be required to frequently stand, sit, climb ladders, lift and/or carry materials and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions, heights, hazardous chemicals and fumes, falling supplies and dangerous machinery.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Temporary Warehouse Assistant
Supervisor: Warehouse Supervisor
Term of Employment: 6 Months
Job Summary: Provides and performs a variety of clerical and general warehouse services utilized in the administration, maintenance and operation of Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) Supply Warehouse
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following: