VOLUNTEER LEVEL 1
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Alta Loma Elementary - Peoria, AZ   Additional Information:
- to relieve teachers and support personnel of some non-instructional tasks;
- to provide teachers with more time to work with students;
- to enrich the curriculum and children’s learning opportunities;
- to provide individual attention to those children who need more one-on-one assistance than the classroom teacher is able to provide;
- to promote a school-home-community partnership for quality education.
- recognize that well-educated children are our greatest natural resource;
- are dependable;
- have good health and moral character;
- are willing to accept supervision and responsibility;
- understand and appreciate the work of the school staff.
Peoria Unified School District
Level 1 Volunteer
Level 1 Volunteer – Directly Supervised
Those who volunteer under the direct supervision of a Peoria Unified Employee. Examples may include helping in the front office area, health office, classroom support, the library, and other areas under the supervision of a Peoria Unified employee.
Level 1 volunteers must complete an application and be recommended by the school to be considered for the opportunity. A minimum of one (1) reference check is required.
New volunteers are required to read the district’s Volunteer Handbook, view the Volunteer Orientation video, complete the Emergency Contact Sheet and turn in to the front office where volunteering.
The major goal of the district’s volunteer program is to assist schools in providing the best possible education for each student. The services of volunteers are utilized in schools and district offices to accomplish the following objectives: