Warehouse Worker - Part Time
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Warehouse - Peoria, AZ
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Maintains a variety of hard copy files of daily shipment logs, purchase orders, requisitions, and invoices. Enters, maintains and updates a variety of computerized database files and records. Responds to inquiries related to purchase orders, requisitioning, costs and in-stock materials, supplies and equipment.
- Receives a variety of consumable items, commodities, materials, equipment, and supplies. Accepts, reviews and validates products received for accuracy against purchase order or requisition. Receives, identifies appropriate stocking requirements and stocks materials accordingly.
- Receives requisition requests/postings. Fills requisition and purchase orders. Checks and verifies funds and charge codes. Prepares hard copies of invoices for school or office and warehouse files.
- Receives and verifies food service product deliveries. Stores according to manufacturer specifications. Updates inventory records/inputs food items received. Prepares and forwards a variety of reports. Fills food service orders and loads food service trucks, rotates stock and restocks shelves.
- Accepts stock item returns. Runs copies of receipt of materials and supplies. Files warehouse copy and forwards to appropriate parties. Restocks and adjusts stock inventory files on automated computer tracking and inventory systems.
- Operates automated computer tracking and inventory systems for data entry, inventory and stock locations. Operates forklift, pallet jacks, rolling ladders and other related warehouse equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of the operation of automated computer inventory and tracking systems, data entry and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles for care, maintenance and operation of warehouse equipment, machinery and vehicles.
- Knowledge of the principles of warehouse receiving and delivery operation methods.
- Knowledge of the principles of customer service.
- Skill in reading, interpreting, understanding and applying relevant Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations ordinances and codes and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Skill in verifying, coding, processing, filing, storing and distributing materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Skill in entering, tracking, verifying invoices and charge codes for warehouse and district supplies, requisitions, purchase orders and supply requests.
- Skill in maintaining, operating and working around forklifts, pallet jacks, rolling ladders, and related warehouse equipment, vehicles and machinery.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver license.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications
- Must obtain within three (3) months of employment and must maintain forklift certification.
- May be required to frequently stand, sit, climb ladders, lift and/or carry materials and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to extreme weather conditions, heights, hazardous chemicals and fumes, falling supplies and dangerous machinery.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
|Warehouse Worker - Part Time||JobID: 18421|
Position Title: Warehouse Worker - Part Time
Supervisor: Warehouse Supervisor
Term of Employment: 12 month, 20 Hours per week
Salary Classification: 12
*ATTENTION* - This position can be combined with a 20 hour per week part time Courier position. Combining these roles would create a full time opportunity. If interested in full time, please also apply to JOB ID 18420
Job Summary: Provides and performs a variety of clerical and general warehouse services utilized in the administration, maintenance and operation of Peoria Unified School District (PUSD) Supply Warehouse
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED, AND one (1) year of relevant warehousing, inventory, stocking or closely related experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 18421