2023-24 SY- Accountant School Support
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
District Administration Center - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
01/19/2023   Additional Information:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and documents business transactions.
- Prepares journal entries and reconciles general ledger and subsidiary accounts.
- Prepares monthly financial statements; and distributes monthly revenue and expenditure reports to school sites.
- Responsible for the revenue/accounts receivable/revenue recognition.
- Generates reports to support timely and accurate management decisions.
- Provides training in the use of the district’s computerized financial system.
- Assists school site personnel with budget questions, proper expenditure coding, document processing and other accounting related activities.
- Assists with the fiscal year-end and fixed asset accounting.
- Assists with the preparation of documentation for internal and external auditors.
- Maintains knowledge of the Arizona Uniform System of Financial Records and relevant Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Performs other duties as assigned/required and assists with special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of quality tools and models, benchmarking practices and techniques, statistics, and
- financial analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Proficiency with Visions software modules desirable.
- Ability to develop unique and innovative solutions to problems.
- Independent thinking/Self-initiative: A critical thinker with the ability to focus on the things which matter
- Most to achieving the desired outcome.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students,
- Parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- May be required to travel to perform work functions
|2023-24 SY- Accountant School Support
Position Title: Accountant School Support
Department: Budget and Finance
Supervisor: Director of Accounting
Term of Employment: 12 Month
Salary Classification: 15 [Salary Range $18.61 to $19.95]
Job Summary: The incumbent will perform transaction generation and review of various financial elements/accounts of the district. Individual areas of assignment are aligned based on types of funds/transactions and may include, but are not limited to: Operating Accounts, Capital Accounts, Salary and Benefit Accounts, Revenue Accounts, Restricted Funding Accounts, Cash-Basis Accounts, and Treasury Management functions. Chart of accounts and general ledger management for the individual areas of assignment will be the responsibility of the position
The incumbent will perform simple and moderately complex analysis using financial and other related data. This individual will utilize the results of analysis to prepare standard and ad-hoc management reporting, develop proposed solutions to business problems, and communicate with supervision/subordinates to gather information and research issues necessary to accomplish daily tasks.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A.A. A high school diploma or GED AND 2 years working in an accounting/finance environment, preferably education, OR any equivalent combination of experience and education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.