2023-24 SY- Elementary Teacher Special Education-ARISE (Multiple Vacancies)
- Position Type:
Teacher - Elementary School PreK-8/Special Education- Elem Self Contained
- Date Posted:
Ira Murphy Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Provides instruction and case management services for students in the ARISE specialized program including all requirements related to IEP development, provision, and compliance to state and federal regulations.
- Follows district procedures throughout the entire special education process.
- Provides direct services to students per the IEP.
- Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior through evidenced based practices including the consideration of student communication, social and sensory needs.
- Collaborates with program BCBA (Board Certified Behavior Analyst) and Behavior Interventionist to provide positive interventions based on data.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, including visuals, consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Maintains all aspect and provision of confidentiality related to (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) FERPA and (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) HIPAA.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes per the schedule established for the site.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning appropriate to the development and skill level of the students.
- Plans and prepares aligned lessons to provide the students with the opportunity to meet and/or exceed state standards.
- Collects data to monitor student progress.
- Guides the learning process, through the use of clearly established goals and objectives to meet student and districts goals and objectives.
- Maintains accurate and complete records to meet requirements of federal, state and district regulations/procedures.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students as required by policy or regulation and to assist student growth through meaningful feedback.
- Works with all staff, including general education, to implement appropriate accommodations and modifications in the general education classroom to allow for integration and student success.
- Maintains accurate census information in a timely manner per district and state guidelines.
- Attends all staff meetings as required.
- Plans and supervises instructional assistant assignments and activities of that person(s)
- Takes all reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to utilize de-escalation techniques through maintaining current training.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of a variety teaching methods and techniques to promote student growth.
- Facilitation of successful meetings to accomplish all IEP responsibilities.
- Knowledge of and provision of (Free and Appropriate Public education) FAPE to students with a disability as required by federal, state and district requirements.
- A working knowledge of accommodations and modifications to appropriately meet student needs.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be Appropriately Certified according to state and federal standards to fill the specific position.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies/ materials weighing up to 20 lbs.
- May be required to lift and/or transfer students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
|2023-24 SY- Elementary Teacher Special Education-ARISE (Multiple Vacancies)||JobID: 18867|
Position Title: Certified Teacher, Special Education-ARISE
Department: Department of Special Education
Supervisor: Principal at assigned location
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
Job Summary: The ARISE (All Students Reaching Independence through Structured Environments/Education) Special Education Teacher will create a classroom environment that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students with special education services. Teachers will provide specially designed instruction per each student’s Individual Education Program (IEP) and utilize evidence based practices such as Pivotal Response Training (PVT) and Discrete Trial Training (DTT) in order to allow students access to the general curriculum and build skills that will contribute to their ongoing development.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: