2023-24 SY Lead Teacher Glendale Community College, ECCEL Preschool
- Position Type:
Teacher - Elementary School PreK-8/Community Preschool- Early Childhood
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
08/03/2023   Additional Information:
- Guides the learning process, through the use of clearly established goals and objectives to meet state, student, and district goals and objectives for toddlers, preschoolers and college students.
- Supervises and oversees instructional assistants in the preschool and toddler classroom.
- Plans and prepares lesson plans and daily plans to provide students with the opportunity for growth and development that align to the Arizona Early Learning Standards and Arizona Infant Toddler Guidelines.
- Assesses the abilities and needs of young children on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Maintains a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and skill level of the students.
- Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior appropriate to preschool.
- Models lessons and instruction for instructional assistants and interns.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the needs and capabilities of the students.
- Maintains all aspects and provisions of confidentiality related to (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) FERPA.
- Reports directly to the district administration.
- Works collaboratively with Glendale Community College staff.
- Operates on Glendale Community College calendar.
- Maintains licensing requirements through the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Strives to implement, through instruction and example, the district’s philosophy of education.
- Attends all staff meetings and professional developments.
- Takes all reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Arizona Early Learning Standards and Arizona Infant Toddler Guidelines.
- Knowledge of effective instructional strategies and techniques to promote growth for preschool-age children.
- Knowledge of Quality First Assessment Tools.
- Knowledge of and provision of (Free and Appropriate Public Education) FAPE to students with a disability as required by federal, state and district requirements.
- Knowledge of working with adult learners.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be Highly Qualified according to state and federal standards to fill the position.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid fingerprint clearance card.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies, or materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
- Must be able to take CPR/First Aid training.
- Must have a negative Mantoux TB test results and Food Handler’s card prior to the start of school.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
|2023-24 SY Lead Teacher Glendale Community College, ECCEL Preschool||JobID: 19476|
Position Title: Lead Teacher Glendale Community College, ECCEL Preschool (General Education)
Department: Early Childhood
Supervisor: Early Childhood Director
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
NOTE: THIS POSITION IS SUBJECT TO THE AVAILABILITY OF STATE FUNDING, AND IS FUNDED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS
Job Summary: The person in this role will oversee and guide the preschool and toddler programs at the Glendale Community College Lab School. The position oversees staffing for two classrooms, designs all lesson plans, collects data for Teaching Strategies GOLD and oversees college interns. This person maintains classrooms according to Quality First standards and Arizona Department of Health Services regulations.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A current early childhood teaching certificate or other teaching certificate with an Early Childhood Endorsement at the Arizona Department of Education