2023-24 SY VR TSW Student Intern (PUSD Students only)
- Position Type:
Athletics/Activities/Extra Duties Stipends/Auxiliary Worker
- Date Posted:
District Wide - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
TBD   Additional Information:
- Performs general clerical duties as needed (which may include but is not limited to filing papers, answering phones, sorting mail, photocopying, faxing, greeting guests/customers; entering data in computer system, taking messages, responding to inquiries, communicate by email)
- Assists with receiving/distributing warehouse shipments (which may include but is not limited to transferring items/boxes/cartons/cases from delivery truck to storage location; opens, sorts, stacks, inventories items; pulls items to fulfill orders; accurately counts, adds, subtracts, and multiplies; manages order forms as directed)
- Performs a variety of food preparation and serving tasks (which may include but is not limited to cutting, chopping, measuring, mixing, assembling, and scooping foods and food products; cleans and sanitizes kitchen work stations, utensils, food trays, tables, and food service areas; sets-up, sanitizes, breaks-down, and moves cafeteria tables; removes trash and debris, sweeps, mobs, and polishes cafeteria floors, assists with receiving, transferring, sorting, stacking food deliveries).
- Assists with general supervision and prepping of learning activities for children under the age of 12 (which may include but is not limited to retrieve and prepare materials, clean and prep activity areas, clean and sanitize tools, toys, equipment, restrooms, and changing stations; supervise indoor and outdoor learning stations alongside an adult childcare worker; and track/document student performance as directed).
- Assists facility worker to complete general maintenance tasks (which may include but is not limited to pick up trash and debris in and around campus and in buildings; cleans, moves, assembles, adjusts, makes simple repairs to school furniture; assists with field set-up for events; inspects campus, buildings, rooms for needed repairs, safety hazards, and to ensure windows/doors close and lock properly; uses hand tools safely; operates low-powered maintenance/cleaning tools including an electric drill, floor buffer, power washer)
- Assist retail workers with sorting, stacking, hanging, folding, or transferring merchandise throughout the store; general cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming to maintain environment; assisting customers to locate items; set-up, break-down of displays; scanning, bagging, transferring items and/or cashier duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned that are dependent on specific intern and site placement.
- This job reports to: WORKS Program Lead Teacher
- Knowledge and understanding of professional conduct.
- Knowledge and understanding of personal and professional boundaries.
- Knowledge and understanding of workplace ethics pertaining to physical and intellectual property and use of technology at work.
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines pertaining to use of cleaning chemicals, operating basic office equipment, using general maintenance tools and/or equipment with supervision, and proper lifting techniques.
- Skill in receiving and responding to verbal and/or written (print or pictures) directions.
- Skill in accepting direction, requesting clarification or assistance
- Skill in recognizing and responding to possible safety concerns (e.g., water on floor, poorly stacked items, etc.)
- Sill in categorizing, sorting, stacking, and moving objects or materials of various size.
- Skill in reading and adhering to community signs.
- Ability to gather, collate, sort, stack, transfer, and/or properly dispose of various objects or materials.
- Ability to lift up to 25# may be needed
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, twist, sit or stand for extended periods, and use proper lifting techniques.
- Ability to maintain personal boundaries and respect professional relationships with supervisors, job coach, co-workers/peers, and customers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
- Student must be a client of Vocational Rehabilitation and be enrolled in a Peoria TSW Course (TSW Career Action Planning or TSW Work Orientation and Readiness – WORKS)
- Responsibilities include working with supervision to complete a series or sequence of tasks specific to the community-based workplace setting.There is a continual opportunity to have some impact on the organization’s services.
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: moderate lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 30% sitting, 35% walking, and 35% standing. Generally, internship work is performed in a clean and healthy environment. Some internships may require work outside, in a kitchen, or warehouse where temperatures can vary.
|2023-24 SY VR TSW Student Intern (PUSD Students only)||JobID: 19739|
POSITION TITLE: VR-TSW Student Intern
DEPARTMENT: Special Education – Cactus High School
SUPERVISOR: WORKS Lead Teacher
SALARY: Minimum wage ($13.85/Hour)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Temporary position
Essential functions:As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills, and other characteristics.This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and/or tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
JOB SUMMARY:Performs a variety of tasks to assist employers with the essential functions of food service, and/or clerical tasks, and/or shipping and receiving, and/or general cleaning and maintenance tasks, and/or learning activities for students under the age of 12 and/or customer service in a retail setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include some, all, or any combination of the following depending on internship assignment.Other duties may be assigned:
High school student and client of Vocational RehabilitationRequired Testing
Certificates and Licenses
Food Handlers’ Card