23-24 SY Behavior Tech-SPED - Multiple Vacancies
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Sky View Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
Immediately   Additional Information:
- Utilize the Positive Behavior and Intervention Supports philosophy in supporting students with disabilities as prescribed by the supervising teacher or other certified professional.
- Assists teacher and/or school psychologists in the application of basic practices of effective behavioral management and assists in the teaching of interpersonal/social skills, coping skills, and social communication skills to students as prescribed by the supervising teacher, psychologist, behavior interventionist, BCBA, or administrator.
- Facilitates positive student peer and staff interactions.
- Contributes data toward the development of behavior support plans and behavior intervention plans including monitoring and charting specific student behaviors.
- Shows initiative in recognizing, assessing and re-directing negative interactions
- Provides assistance in the learning environment in handling behavioral issues by applying crisis intervention to students with aggressive behavior and physical management for students who pose a safety risk to self or others as needed.
- Maintains all aspects and provisions of confidentiality related to Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Assists teachers in implementing the Individualized Education Program (IEP).
- Will assist in a variety of learning environments in maintaining safety and appropriate behaviors; responds to all crisis calls, assesses the situation, and follows through accordingly.
- Promotes positive social interaction on the playground and other settings outside of the classroom.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of student activities and behavior which may require the use of a computer/device to enter student information and data; completes applicable forms, schedules and instructional reports as directed.
- Assists in behavior modification plans, and teacher's pre-planning sessions; provides input and assistance in the development of learning activities; prepares or assists in the preparation of instructional and vocational materials.
- Attends district professional development classes.
- May participate in the Medicaid reimbursement program which includes maintaining logs on students and attending scheduled training.
- Assists students with activities of daily living, to including hygiene and toileting.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, employees, community members and vendors.
- Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of principles of behavior strategies and management.
- Knowledge of the principles of data collection and maintaining data and information.
- Knowledge of the principles of basic child development stages.
- Skill in operating a personal computer/device and utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Skill in writing general correspondence and speaking effectively with others.
- Skill in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Skill in interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standard.
- Skill in providing customer service.
- Skill in reading and interpreting general documents such as employee handbooks and safety/training manuals.
- Skill in maintaining confidentiality.
- Skill in utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to lift students weighing up to 60 pounds.
- May be required to physically manage or support the elopement (running) of a student.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- Must be able to pass classes in and get a current certification in CPI, First Aid and CPR.
|23-24 SY Behavior Tech-SPED - Multiple Vacancies||JobID: 19877|
Position Title: Behavior Technician
Department: Special Education
Supervisor: Director of Special Education
Term of Employment: 9 months, 200 day calendar
Salary Classification: Classification 13
Job Summary: Assist the Special Education Teacher, Psychologist and/or School Administration with the education, care and development, and implementation of positive behavior interventions and supports with students who have significant disabilities that impact social, emotional, and behavioral functioning.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
At least 1 year of experience in supporting students with disabilities that impact social/emotional/behavioral areas of development. Able to participate in additional behavioral tech training.