23/24 SY Career Specialist
- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Centennial High School - Peoria, AZ   Additional Information:
- Supports students in career exploration, providing aptitude/personality inventories, introducing career exploration resources, and developing postsecondary plans.
- Provides essential information to students regarding college admissions, financial-aid, and college and career matriculation.
- Works cooperatively with school counseling department to provide programming supporting student college and career readiness. This includes presenting information to classrooms.
- Facilitates High School Dual Enrollment, providing information and facilitating the enrollment process.
- Communicates with students regarding Scholarship resources.
- Supports students with college and career readiness by developing resumes, cover letters, and personal statements.
- Cultivates relationships with all postsecondary institutions, military, and local scholarships organizations.
- Promotes and plans large events supporting college and career readiness, such as college fairs, career fairs, Financial Aid events, and college application campaigns.
- Facilitates partnerships with local business community supporting student job and internship placement.
- Maintains student data regarding college matriculation information, financial aid, and scholarship awards.
- Engages in professional development and attends college informational sessions.
- Maintain and disseminates information about ACT and SAT exams.
- Coordinates and administers the ASVAB exam annually.
- Assists with planning, preparation, and proctoring school site standardized testing.
- Facilitates Honors and Awards Events
- Supports school and district administration and counseling department student achievement goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county, city and district policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of confidential file, records, and database management.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Knowledge of career counseling and resources for students.
- Knowledge of financial aid and postsecondary requirements and resources.
- Skill in utilizing available data and student information system to produce data for school and district as requested.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background check
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
- Must have at the time of application and must maintain a valid Arizona driver's license
|23/24 SY Career Specialist
Position Title: Career SpecialistDepartment: High School Counseling/ Student Services
Supervisor: Site Administrator and/or Site Lead Counselor
Term of Employment: 9 Month
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: Support high school students in career exploration and making informed decisions regarding high school academics and postsecondary planning based on career interests. Supports students in essential College and Career Readiness indicators such as college entrance testing, dual enrollment, college applications, and financial aid.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: