24/25 SY - Global Business Instructor
- Position Type:
Teacher - High School
- Date Posted:
MET Professional Academy - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Profession-based learning through real-world, project-based learning strategies through collaboration with business and community partners to prepare students for post-secondary success.
- Self-discovery and exploration of potential professions by exposing students to career pathways and mentors within these career fields.
- Professional skills development, offering unique experiences allowing students to cultivate transformative skills such as critical thinking, problem solving, time management, public speaking, collaboration, and leadership skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creating an innovative culture where creative thinking and problem solving are encouraged.
|24/25 SY - Global Business Instructor
Position Title: Global Business Instructor
Department: K-12 Curriculum
Location: MET Professional Academy
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: Teacher Salary Schedule
The MET Professional Academy is an innovative honors program providing students with hands-on, real-world experience in a profession of their choice. Students take rigorous college-level courses within five strands: Bioscience, Global Business, Engineering, Technology, and Healthcare. Course offerings are immersive, utilizing a profession-based learning approach. Students solve real world problems, using industry standard tools and are mentored by professionals. There is a significant emphasis on providing students with opportunities to cultivate 21st century professional skills such as public speaking, collaboration, problem solving, critical thinking and leadership.
MET PROFESSIONAL ACADEMY INSTRUCTOR ROLE
· Deliver program curriculum in collaboration with post-secondary and industry partners following Peoria Unified School District and dual enrollment curriculum.
· Assist students in developing proper work-based skills that utilize state-of-the-art, industry standard software and equipment.
· Facilitate student growth in the following areas:
· Continually augment knowledge base with up-do-date industry information provided by business and post-secondary partners
· Introduce guest instructors, speakers and/or mentors or provide access to leaders and professionals within MET industry strands
· Engage industry partners to enhance profession-based learning
· Teach students college-based curriculum
OTHER KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Knowledge of applicable federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures
· Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
· Knowledge of appropriate teaching strategies and methods
· Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district
· Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Instructs assigned classes in the location and at the time designated
· Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
· Creates a positive and nurturing class environment that is developmentally appropriate and conducive to learning
· Prepares for assigned classes, and shows written evidence of preparation at the request of the supervisor
· Sets and maintains standards of classroom behavior, and upholds district wide discipline policies
· Guides the learning process, through the use of established clear objectives, toward the achievement of district curriculum
· Employs a variety of instructional techniques consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
· Strives to implement, through instruction and example, the district’s philosophy of education
· Assesses student accomplishments on a regular basis, and provides progress reports as required
· Seeks the assistance of district specialists when learning disabilities are suspected
· Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
· Maintains accurate and complete records required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation
· Assists the administration in the development and implementation of rules and/or policies governing student conduct
· Makes provisions to be available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the regular instructional day when such encounters are required or requested under reasonable terms
· When assigned a teacher assistant, student teacher, or volunteer, plans and supervises assignments and activities for that person or persons
· Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
· Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees are required
· Performs other duties as assigned or required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Must currently hold or be able to obtain a secondary education certification issued by the Arizona Department of Education. Teaching experience in the following areas: global business, business, marketing, entrepreneurship or two or more years in the field of study, or any combination of skills and education to reach the equivalent amount of education and experienced desired.
· Specialized teaching assignments may require additional training and/or certification
· Must be highly qualified according to state and federal standards to fill the position
· Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check
· Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license
· May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds
· May be occasionally required to work outside normal hours
· May be required to occasionally travel to perform work functions