Attendance Clerk - Part Time
- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Raymond S Kellis High School - Glendale, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Enters attendance data into computer attendance files
- Contacts parents regarding student absences; contacts students when necessary.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of school and district policies regarding attendance
- Maintains records and files. May temporarily assume other clerical duties in absence of regular employee
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures
- Skill in operating office machines and using the computer, with ability to type 40 wpm
- Skill in office procedures, with at least one year clerical experience
- Ability to read, write and speak English language
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications
- Must pass fingerprint and background investigations.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver license
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Clerical testing may be required.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours
Position Title: Attendance Data Entry Clerk, High School
Department: Office Support
Supervisor: Principal or Assistant Principal
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification: 8
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A high school diploma or GED AND _one year of clerical experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.