- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Cactus High School - Glendale, AZ   Position Title: Attendance Secretary
- Performs clerical duties such as typing correspondence, notices, etc. Develops and balances computer reports on student statistics and attendance records.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of school and district policies regarding attendance.
- Uses teacher data to input student information to computer files, and to change file information as needed.
- Supervises the contacting of parents regarding student absences, based on attendance policies.
- Works directly with students regarding attendance issues.
- Processes inquiries, makes referrals to teachers or administrators when appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Ability to type accurately 45 wpm, and have work-related computer experience. Must also be able to use a calculator.
- Ability to effectively use and interpret student data.
- Ability to read, write, and speak effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with school staff, students and public.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- Must have organizational and computer skills.
Supervisor: Site Administration
Term of Employment: 10 Months
Salary Classification: 9
Job Summary: The person is responsible for the daily attendance records and student statistics at a high school site. The job requires basic skills of using a computer and providing clerical support. The job requires interacting with students, administration, teachers and parents.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: