Bookstore Clerk - Part-time
- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Ironwood High School - Glendale, AZ   Additional Information:
- Assists in ordering textbooks and office supplies.
- Handles cash and receipts for student activity and auxiliary funds within the school, and works cooperatively with district office personnel in this task.
- Assists in preparing purchase orders, invoices, and requisitions. May contact vendors as needed.
- Maintains records of all books. Prepares orders and reorders, under the direction of the principal.
- Prepares identification cards.
- Collects book lists from teachers, and data enters this information into the computer system.
- Assists with the registration process and assigns lockers for student use.
- Assists the bookstore manager in preparing monthly reports for reconciliation purposes.
- Prepares billing statements for student accounts.
- Manages the bookstore in the absence of the bookstore manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must possess or obtain an Arizona IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must be able to pass a background clearence check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
Position Title: Bookstore Clerk
Department: K-12 Academic Services
Supervisor: Bookstore Manager
Term of Employment: 9 Months
Salary Classification: 7
Job Summary: To assist the bookstore manager in organizing and maintaining an efficient bookstore operation and to provide quality service to the faculty, administration, and students.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned: