- Position Type:
School Support Staff/Instructional Assistant
- Date Posted:
Sky View Elementary - Peoria, AZ
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Until Filled   Additional Information:
- Prepares instructional materials and copies. Prepares and distributes learning packets according to teacher direction
- Monitors and assists students to complete tasks. Assists student to stay focused and not disturb others.
- Escorts students to and from classes, activities and transportation buses.
- Provides one-on-one or small group activities under the teachers direction.
- Provides support in monitoring, intervening and redirecting student behaviors.
- Supervises students in social situations in the cafeteria and playground environment
- Maintains documentation and records for student files; maintains and updates computer files.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances and PUSD policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of behavior management.
- Knowledge of the principles of record, file and database management.
- Knowledge of the principles of basic child development stages.
- Skill in following oral and written directions.
- Skill in preventing, and deescalating negative behaviors.
- Skill in instructing and assisting students in self help living skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Arizona driver license.
- May be required to demonstrate fluency in English: written and oral communications.
- May be required to lift and carry heavy, bulky supplies and materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- May be required to physically restrain or run after a student.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
- May be required to travel to perform work functions.
Position Title: Instructional Assistant SPED
Supervisor: Department Supervisor Principal or Designee
Term of Employment: 9 month
Salary Classification: Class 8
Job Summary: Provides a variety of instructional assistance and support services associated with both general and specialized educational programs and student needs.
Essential Functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A High School Diploma or GED, AND six (6) months working with high risk, special needs children, preschoolers, OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.