COOP Coordinator (PART TIME)(19HR)
- Position Type:
School Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Liberty High School - Peoria, AZ
- Closing Date:
UNTILL FILLED   Additional Information:
- Supervises the work unit and assigned personnel. Interviews and recommends hire. Provides and/or recommends training. Coordinates, schedules, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities. Evaluates work performance. Provides feedback, direction and guidance. Advises personnel of new or revised information.
- Prepares instructional and activity materials. Reviews and approves lesson plans of high school students working with preschoolers. Oversees the instruction and childcare provided by Senior Teachers.
- Oversees the daily routine of the COOP room, children, staff, and high school students. Prepares activities, activity areas, and materials for the day. Coordinates with high school students on upcoming daily activities to be scheduled. Prepares daily and weekly activity and progress reports for preschoolers. Meets with parents to address any concerns.
- Monitors and assists student instructors to complete activities. Assists high school students to learn to develop new methods of presenting learning activities. Evaluates lesson plans and presentations.
- Oversees and participates in the general housekeeping, sanitizing and maintenance of the preschool areas. Assists with toileting, diapering and changing clothing. Cleans and disinfects toileting/changing areas. Launders classroom towels, sheets and nap blankets.
- Supervises indoor and outdoor free play and directed activities.
- Maintains documentation and records for student files. Maintains and updates computer files. Reviews immunization records for currency. Notifies parents to maintain compliance of immunizations to meet State requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, county and city statutes, rules, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable Peoria Unified School District and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Arizona Department of Health Services regulations.
- Knowledge of principles of behavior management.
- Knowledge of typical and atypical child development.
- Knowledge of student monitoring techniques and behavioral controls.
- Knowledge of the principles of staff.
- Knowledge of the principles of record, file and database management.
- Skill in oral and written communications.
- Skill in providing individualized learning and personalized assistance.
- Skill in identifying, preventing and deescalating negative behaviors.
- Skill in instructing and assisting students with self-help skills.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, vendors, students, parents, the general public and others having business with the school district.
- Skill in learning special methods and procedures for working with young children of diverse abilities
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a fingerprint and background clearance check.
- Must have proof of negative Mantoux TB test prior to beginning employment.
- Must have or apply for Arizona Department of Public Safety fingerprint clearance card prior to beginning employment.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain and Arizona driver’s license.
- May be required to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to bend, squat, stoop, sit and move at a young child’s level.
- May be required to stand, walk or sit for extended periods of time.
- May be required to complete training in CPR, First Aid, Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and specialized training for developmentally delayed students.
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and cleaning compounds, extreme weather conditions, air, water and bodily fluid borne pathogens.
- May be required to work outside normal working hours.
|COOP Coordinator (PART TIME)(19HR)||JobID: 19750|
Position Title: COOP CoordinatorDepartment: COOP Preschool
Supervisor: On Site Administrator
Term of Employment: 9 months
Salary Classification:Job Summary: Provides preschool lead teacher services and supervises and directs high school students in learning and presenting preschool childcare activities.
Essential Functions: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks, duties, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by incumbents in this class.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES generally include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Six (6) credit hours of Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university AND one (1) years of working with preschool age children OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.